12-Year-Old Suffered Burns After Saving Grandmother from Burning Home
12-year-old Seth Cutright suffered severe burns after saving his grandmother from her burning home.
Last Friday, a propane heater exploded in Seth’s grandmother’s home in Vernonia, Oregon. Seth smelled gas, just as his grandmother lit a cigarette in her bedroom, sparking a flame that set the house on fire.
“It was like ‘boom.’ A flash before your eyes,” Seth recounted to KATU. “My grandma was on fire.”
Without hesitation, Seth grabbed his burning grandmother and quickly brought her out of house.
“I carried her outside and set her on the ground. I went to the next-door neighbor’s and said: “Call the ambulance.’” he added.
The pair were home alone, and were quickly rushed to the hospital. While Grandmother Rose is in critical condition, Seth also suffered from serious burns on his face and hands.
Check out the video of the little hero below.