3-year-old Payton Bushnell Accidentally Swallows 37 Buckeyball Magnets
When the 3-year-old was rushed to the hospital, an X-ray revealed a bracelet-shaped object in her stomach. Unfortunately for little Peyton, the bracelet was actually 37 high-powered Buckyball magnets, individually swallowed but slowly began to form together.
To make matters worse, these magnets had already punctured four holes in her intestines and stomach, UPI reported. “The surgeon came out and said, ‘I wouldn’t do this unless I absolutely have to but we have to cut your daughter open,’” Aaron Bushnell, Payton’s dad told reporters.
Since the surgery, Payton is now on her way to a full recovery. As for the Buckeyball Magnets? I don’t think they will be allowed in the Bushnell household any longer.