5 Timesaving Tips for the Busy Moms
Face it, we can’t all be like Rosie Pope, working mom extraordinaire. The rest of us need some tips and advice on how to get back an extra hour for ourselves.
1. Choose Your Days. Choose one day a week to finish your errands (Sunday for groceries, Monday for cleaning, perhaps?) Stick to the schedule and establish a weekly routine.
2. Make Your Effort Go a Long Way. Do your chores in bulk. Plan your meals ahead and buy groceries for the week. Write a list of all the toiletries that are running out, so you can just plan one stop. When cooking meals, try to make some extra servings that you can refrigerate or freeze.
3. Identify the Time Culprit. Find out some of the items that you tend to forget or waste extra time on. Visit The Container Store to get some organization and storage ideas.
4. Create a File and Post System. Buy a bulletin board and a file box where you can post up urgent notes for immediate use, and file specific documents for future use.
5. Schedule unwind time. Create a reading pile by your bed or schedule an hour for your favorite show. The best way to get back time is to actually pencil it in.
Check out the hilarious video of the overwhelmed mom, dubbed “Laundry Woman” below.