7-year-old Saves Baby Brother from Rattlesnake
7-year-old Mikah Kainine was bitten by a rattlesnake in his backyard after he saved his two-year-old brother Joseph and their dog, Luna.
Mikah spotted the rattlesnake at the same time he saw his baby brother unwittingly crawling towards it. Without a second thought, Mikah stepped in front of the poisonous snake and got bitten. With the venom slowly coursing through him, he called out to his mom. His only concern was for his mom to safely take away Joseph and their family dog Luna.
“I called for my Mom to help Jo-Jo,” Mikah recounted.
Mikah is currently recovering in the hospital. Unfortunately, because of the venom, he is currently temporarily paralyzed from waist down. With physical therapy, he is expected to regain movement.