9-Year-Old Poked by Bloody Syringe Left in Hotel Bed
A 9-year-old girl’s family were upset after their daughter was poked by a used, bloody syringe left in a hotel bed.
The family were staying in the GuestHouse Inn & Suites Aberdeen Hotel in Washington when their daughter Emily climbed into bed and felt a sharp object poking at her heel.
“There were syringes, plastic bag, bloody bandage all underneath the mattress cover,” mother Angie Smith claimed. “We were really shocked and freaking out. It scared us to death.”
Smith took her daughter to the hospital and doctors said that she would need to take blood tests throughout the year to ensure that she did not contract any diseases from the used needle.
Hotel owner Jas Dhaliwal disputes their claim, saying that the family is lying.
“Their story is not true,” Dhaliwal said. “It was their needle and the family was just trying to get a free room.”
Additionally, hotel manager Angel Housden recounted that the family refused to be moved to a different room, and instead, simply asked staff to change the bedding.
“We not only clean our rooms daily but we also have a head housekeeper who goes in after and checks the work,” Housden said. “I don’t see how it could have been missed.”
The hotel has declined to refund the family’s room cost pending further investigation.